Three Men and a Baby - My Memory

A twitter friend (that's right, I'm developing twitter friends) reminded me of the classic cinematic masterpiece, Three Men and a Baby.  Apparently my old friend/nemesis Sophie the Giraffe makes a cameo in it, which was the focus of our conversation (read: asynchronous exchange of ten word phrases).  I hadn't seen Three Men and a Baby in well over a decade and I immediately went to my Netflix cue and added it to the top.  It should arrive just in time for a weekend viewing.

via Amazon.com

This is a great picture for at least 3 reasons:
1) exaggerated puppy dog face
2) mustache
3) "ooooh"


Before re-watching, I decided to jog my memory for those movie moments that my 12-year-old self noted:

  • The baby's mom was British
  • The diaper changing scene was a funny highlight
  • One of the three men was an architect
  • Someone was trying to steal the baby...is this even true?!  My memory is so foggy around this issue, but I seem to recall a baby snatching caper 
  • Ghost myth - at the close of one scene, when everyone has exited the room, a dark and shadowy figure walks by the window curtain.  All of my tween friends and I were convinced it was a ghost.  Well, truthfully, I personally wasn't convinced...I was the type of kid that secretly pushed the Ouija board compass to spell something crazy while all the other girls at the sleepover freaked out.
  • The baby had strawberry blond, curly-ish hair
  • The apartment they shared was big and very cool with something unique about the front door that I can't quite put my finger on - was it an elevator that led straight in? Can't remember...

Once I watch, I'll follow-up with a list of memorable moments that my ageless older self notes.  I'm excited.  I think I'll drink orange soda and eat microwave popcorn for a truly authentic experience.